31.10.12

Tutorial of MA project--31 Oct 2012






Today we had a smell presentation about our project concept. Although we already learned 
how to clearly communicate ideas to audiences through a professional way, I still felt there are thousands pounds of  pressure putting on my shoulder because I do not know the idea is worth to research or not.

The following  is the concept of my project.


The Project is about the working culture in Taiwan, China, and UK. To be precise, I want to encourage working people to take a break in afternoon by engaging in the activity of afternoon tea, which is most quintessential of English customs, or these kinds of enjoyable movement. Namely, through advocacy of taking a break in afternoon, their working efficiency probably will become better. Moreover, through the project, people might deliberate about what is their working right and the value of work.

However, why I desire to create the project because of tow reasons below:

First, I observed phenomena that many employees cannot concentrate in afternoon; because, our mental are tired and our body needs energy, we feel hungry and want to sleep. Nevertheless, owing to the working culture, in Taiwan, people have to work eight hours a day and only have half hour to rest. Therefore, the working culture resulted in poor performance at work.

Furthermore, according to Mandy Barrow (2012)” Afternoon tea is not common these days because most adults go out to work in UK.” Hence, if I design a project that is about to improve employee’ s working efficiency by the concept of to enjoy the English afternoon tea, maybe the custom of drinking afternoon tea will become popular again and might engender numerous benefits on society.

The presentation of the project will emphasize that the interaction between objects and employees. For example, I want to create a space like tearoom. Maybe this room will have pretty china with special tea smell so when people enter the room, they may feel refreshed and this room will possess some ingredients that can help people to inspire their thinking. Therefore, I need to learn some skills to assist my project. For instance, I desire to learn how to produce ceramics, to draw 2D animation, and to use the software of Flash and Dreamweaver.   


The bullet points are some suggestions of the second tutorial.

  • To brand the idea of taking a break from work.
  • How to market workers 
  • If I want to create a tearoom for worker, I have to think about how to let workers know the event.



No comments:

Post a Comment